In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to tell us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Behavior problems We are lucky to have Dr. Michelle Posage, Posage Veterinary Behavior Services, right here in Southern New Hampshire! We have referred many patients to her as we trust her expertise.
- CAPC (Companion Animal Parasite Council) "An independent council established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people, brings together broad expertise in parasitology, internal medicine, public health, veterinary law, private practice and association leadership." This website will tell you just how prevalent specific parasites are in our area. From heartworm disease to tick-borne diseases (Lyme, Anaplasmosis and Ehrlichiosis).
- Cardiology Care - A terrific site for all heart-related conditions, from heartworm to heart failure and treatment options. Also has great information about breed-related conditions.
- CareCredit For information about payment plan options. We offer 6 months, no interest on transactions over $200.
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Handicapped Pets - A website for people with elderly, disabled, or injured pets. Offers products, articles, links, personal stories and photos, classified and more.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Hills Pet Food Coupons Do you purchase Hills Prescription Diet or Science Diet food from us? Check out this website to see if there are any coupons available for you!
- Human Animal Bond Research Institute- There is research being conducted to prove how important the human animal bond is. Here is a quote from their website that explains this in more detail: HABRI has assembled scientific evidence that demonstrates how pets improve heart health; alleviate depression; increase well-being; support child health and development; and contribute to healthy aging. In addition, companion animals can assist in the treatment of a broad range of conditions from post-traumatic stress to Alzheimer’s disease to autism spectrum disorder. Veterinarians are the professionals who keep pets healthy, so that in turn, they can positively impact our health and well-being.
- I want to be a Veterinarian - Do you (or someone you know) want to be a veterinarian? This link is full of information, including schools, the cost of school, related careers and veterinary life (stories from doctors in the field of veterinary medicine)!
- Indoor pet recommendations- Indoor pet is a site full of information about cats and dogs and what makes them tick. There is behavior, training, and nutritional information as well as problem solving tips for cats and dogs. There is much information about indoor cats and their specific needs, such as environmental enrichment.
- IRIS (International Renal Interest Society)- IRIS was created to advance the scientific understanding of kidney disease in small animals.
- Lupine Collars and Leashes We sell Lupine collars, harnesses and leashes. They are made right here in New Hampshire, Conway to be exact! These products are guaranteed, even if chewed!!! That's right! If your dog chews through the collar, harness or leash, you can bring it back to us to exchange it!
- Morris Animal Foundation - The Morris Animal Foundation is a charity that we donate to frequently. We believe in their mission and all of the studies and research they do for animals.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center. We have a brochure in our hospital from ASPCA, 101 Things You Didn't Know Could Harm Your Pet, that we think is very helpful.
- No Lilies For Cats- This is a great link with frequently asked questions about lilies and cats. Lilies are highly toxic to cats, this is a MUST READ for all cat owners, whether they are indoor or outdoor.
- Pet Insurance - We recommend pet insurance for all pets. There are many options available, and it can get confusing. This objective website offers very helpful comparisons between pet insurance companies, plans, and costs.
- Pet Obesity - Loads of information about diet and nutrition for your pet. Find caloric content of most pet food brands along with weight loss tools for your pet.
- Purina Pro Plan Vet Direct This is a veterinary-exclusive home delivery program. Purina has over 65 Veterinary Exclusive diets, prescribed by your veterinarian. Sign up for home delivery is easy. Purina will request a prescription from us, we will authorize it and your pets food is delivered right to your door.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- Thundershirt Drug-free solution for dog anxiety. Can be used for thunder, fireworks, separation, travel, barking, jumping, training and more
- Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) "The VOHC authorizes the use of the VOHC Registered Seal on products intended to help retard plaque and tartar on the teeth of animals." You can find a list of VOHC approved oral hygiene products for cats and dogs on this site.